I’m loving these coffee date posts from Darcy and Jilda. If I were having a RL friend date, it’d be a popsicle date, and I’d offer you a pug. I’d also:
- present you with a berries and cream OR pina colada popsicle OR a stupid orange soda popsicle that exploded all over the freezer
- recommend backbending and hip opening (to seriously bump up any weightlifting/yoga/running training)
- tell you I’ve been on a four month stint of NO NAIL BITING and I broke it last weekend over the stress of moving, looking for a new job, running into an ex, and having to deal with this girl who is alway’s on MY fella’s jock (seriously can you stop late night texting/flirting/being rude to me/etc.?!)
- mention I’m supposed to go to a happy hour event and I don’t want to go but I’d rather go than not (ya dig) since she’ll be around and also I have to look goooood. HELP?
- share how I’m dying to go to NYC so if D can’t go in the next couple months, I’ll go without him… and you should probably come
- explain how mostly we present the positives to the outside world but here’s something I’ve been holding back - I AM SO SCARED. I was supposed to be an MD by now! Now what am I doing?! I still don’t know.
- share that as always, when you feel really shitty, it helps to look pretty (~wisdom~)
- ask if you want to walk around the lake with me and take pictures
- HUG YOU
UM, in the last couple years my life has gone from:
- calorie restricting with an emphasis on running (size 2/4 aka no ass, 32B)
- binging/purging with an emphasis on weightlifting (size 6/8 aka ALL the ass, 34B)
And in the last FOUR months ALL OF A SUDDEN:
- not counting calories/primal/start of birth control with an emphasis on yoga and the occasional strength/MetCon day (size 4 AND HOLY GOD 34D!)
WHAT IS THIS? BRAS ARE NOT CHEAP. Much to my rage at workouts being more difficult (and D’s smug delight), at least things are making more sense.
My greatest feat of the week so far - berries and cream paleo popsicles:
I first diced up some fresh strawberry and set some fresh chunks in the molds before blending and pouring the rest in (allowing half an inch at the end for freezing expansion):
- a full can of coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- a couple squirts of agave
I plan on experimenting with more flavors soon since this batch is already almost gone (thanks, D). ALSO, they’re a nice option to have when friends are eating sugary, processed desserts and you know if your boyfriend cheats and has dairy or gluten, he’ll complain about his stomach the rest of the night. I like to keep my days as complain-free and full of cuddles as possible.
rooftop sunnin’ and winein’
More frantic packing and cleaning, Father’s Day Mediterranean restaurant, dad’s little quails, my truffle and red wine glazed steak, a gf blueberry cacao nib cheesecake, and complete mindless snacking avoidance.
Back on the yoga/work/gym selfie train tomorrow.
Meet my new grand love - this city window
@Jilda: Luna hates me now. I’m still going to be in my place you stayed at! D is moving into a shmancy place downtown next to his gym.
@Lane: Haha. My poor cat and I were unofficially living with my boyfriend and pug and now that he’s moving to a new place, I figured it was time for her and I to move back home unless we’re invited over again! ^_^ Also, she hates her leash.
@Kendall: Thanks! Victoria Secret.
Today’s workout: speed packing, moving, and walking across downtown Seattle AS FAST AS POSSIBLE in too-short-for-public galaxy shorts and a pissed off cat in tow.
Ffffff, nap now please.
Side crow, eagle legs - getting enough hang time for pug kisses in a new pose!
I ship these two so hard.
You guys, I seriously don’t have a life anymore.